Saturday, May 13, 2017

Sew Spooky: The Other Side

Here is the fabric that I am going to feature on the back of Sew Spooky.  I have this quilting book 9-Patch Pizzazz by Judy Sisneros for fast and easy quilts. 
 Here is my basic plan for the backing.  The L and upside down L will be of the above owl fabric and the insides will be filled with 9-patches of the owl fabrics and a gold fabric and a black fabric left over from the Chevron Border from the front.  I do not have the book with me so I am improving my way through the process with help from Pinterest and of course graph paper is my friend so can I really call this improvisational quilting.  I guess not. 
When I made the Chevron border I used patches that were 2.5 by 6.5.  When I went to trim, all the other widths (1, 1.5, 2)  could trim out to a 7.5 inch width; the 2.5 was a tad short, so I fudged it to make it work.  Next time those need to be cut 2.5 by 7.  I will try to remember that.  The above is me working out the math of it to see why it would not work.  At the bottom is my first thought for the back of my quilt.  Both are interesting choices. 

For the filler Patchwork above I am thinking about how to use the strips I have left over.  I think I will start by sewing them together in blocks.  Maybe I will get out my design wall today.

No comments:

Post a Comment