Monday, December 4, 2017

On Ringo Lake Interleaved with Garlic Knots

Here is my progress thus far.  I am using my BlocLoc Flying Geese Ruler.  I ordered the Simple Folded Corners Ruler but it has yet to arrive.  While I am making my units for On Ringo Lake I am stitching together 2 inch squares for Leaders and Enders.  I laid out a Garlic Knots Block and grab pairs of patches as I go.
I am using the INTERLEAVE CONSTRUCTION to make good use of my scrap box.
After I made my first few Garlic Knots......
 I went through my scarp box to find sextets of 2 inch square scraps.  Once done I went back to select a companionable duet to complement the sextets.  I emptied most of my 2 inch section.
I used those fabulous 1/4 inch clips to keep the patches together.  Some of the patches or more traditional looking and the others are bolder.  Not sure if they all belong in the same quilt.
   Meanwhile my sister is coaching me via email about value and construction.  It is so much fun to quilt together if we are doing it long distance.


Here are my bonus itty bitty half square triangles from the corners of the flying geese.  I wonder what this will be? Come join the fun at On Ringo Lake Mystery and link up your progress.  My OMG for this month is to keep up with the clues for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt. Come on over to Elm Street Quilts and join us by monthly goals for our quilting projects.  See what the others have accomplished.

4 comments:

  1. I read "pairs of patches" as "pairs of pliers" and couldn't figure out what you needed pliers for...it's possible that making two quilts' worth of flying geese may have compromised my reading comprehension! LOL! Your colors are lovely. I found your blog from the link up. I'm IslandTimeQuilting.blogspot.com but am linking through Instagram. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TEE HEE HEE Too Funny. Nice to meet you as well

      Delete
  2. Your Ringo Lake blocks look beautiful together!

    That's terrific progress on the Garlic Knots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some lovely fabric pulled for Ringo Lake. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete