Sunday, December 3, 2017

On Ringo Lake Mystery Clue#1

 I got off to a slow start because I was traveling at the outset of Bonnie Hunter's new Mystery Quilt.  I decided that I wanted to use just one sewing machine so that my quarter inch seam would be more consistent,  My sister Paula completed last year's mystery En Provence.  She learned many skills through this process and encouraged me to join the fun this year.  I am looking forward to the experience. After Clue #2 was released I was on a mission to catch up.  My sister Deborah came for a visit with mom this week.  I spent the morning preparing Sesame Chicken in my vertical chicken cooker from Treasures in Earthen Vessels.
 It was overbrowned but but still delicious.  I roasted fennel, carrots, onions and red peppers with the hen.
Then I got to work on my nine patches.  Today I start on Clue #2.  I was hoping my Simple Folded Corners Ruler would come in the mail before I started.  I need to make a passel of flying geese. So far I have only used scraps from my scrap box.   When I finish a project, I cut the leftovers up into 2 inch, 2.5 inch, 3.5 inch, 4 inch, 5 inch, 6.5 inch and 10 inch squares and put them in my scrap box using my Accuquilt die cutter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment