Tuesday, July 31, 2018

July OMG Finish

My version of Bonnie Hunter's On Ringo Lake is finished and sitting on top of my sister's version of Bonnie's Hunter's En Provence at her house at the moment.  I brought it there for a sisterly Show and Tell.  I learn so much about how to make successful scrap quilts from Bonnie Hunter and Gyleen Fitzgerald.  I learn so much from their mystery quilts.  I am making progress on Gyleen's Graffitti mystery quilt.  I cannot show pictures of her blocks here but I can show pictures of the blocks I have added.  The Graffitti quilt is an alphabet quilt.  I used the letters she drafted to spell the famous pangram "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog."  After perusing line drawing of foxes and dogs on the internet I drew a fox and dog.
Here is my fox and my lazy dog. ( I blurred Gyleen's number blocks.)  The lighting of this photo is terrible.  I was having trouble with the proportional sizing of the two animals.  I made the fox first and since it was about 28 inches long I made the first dog a little less that that so he could jump over him.
 
My first dog was just too big.  I wonder if my second is too small.  Hmmmm???  

My next concern is to understand proper attribution of one's quilts.  I drew my pictures after looking at a number of line drawing.  The fox is based on a felt mask of a fox, a line drawing of a jumping fox and the feet came from a coloring page version of a fox.  I put them together in a drawing and made my appliques.  The dog is a drawing I made while looking at a line drawing.  I originally planned to paper piece it so I drew it using all straight lines.  I changed my mind after them making the drawing of my second version of my fox.  I drawings are not really original.  They are cobbled together from other peoples stuff.  They are definitely derivatives. I am not sure what is kosher.  Any experts out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment