Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Bonnie Hunter Good Fortune

I have been fortunate to have been the recipient of a stash of fabric.  Colon cancer took the life of my sister-in-law but due to the generosity of my dear brother I was the recipient of the stash.  Most of it I would characterize as woven or home spun.  It was definitely Becky style.  The majority of the fabric I selected for this quilt are plaids.  I did use the paint chips to select my fabrics but now that I have sewn a few of the clues, I have noticed that my patches are not as bright and bold as the color samples even though the colors look to me to be like the paint samples.  I wonder if I am going to be disappointed in the result.  I think it may be much more subdued.  I am using orange prints because I did not have orange plaids in the stash so that will either brighten up the quilt or look like it does not belong.  That is the fun of mystery quilts.  We will see what we will see.  I remember my first log cabin quilt.  I had so much fun rearranging the blocks and was so surprised at the results.  That was great fun.  On to clue 3.  I have die cut the rectangles and the half square triangles to make the chevron blocks and the bonus blocks.  I hope my plan works.

No comments:

Post a Comment