Here is my fabric on top of the magazine issue. The center is dyed wisteria followed by a ring of kiwi and the outside is old rose. The dyes I got from Pro-Chem. I need a bunch of wool brights to applique on my cotton background. Time to organize. The process took me all day....but then again I was watching football as well. It was fun for me, First I rolled all my larger pieces.
I had purchased some scrap bags from Sue Spargo recently and they were in these little bags. I dumped a bag that was pinks and purples onto my plastic table and decided to roll them. I fastened them with safety pins. The pins were pins that I had when I first started quilting. I had later purchased curved safety pins and these others were in a box not really being used. I went through my wool pile and pulled out all the pinks and purples and rolled these larger pieces. I put them in a gallon zip bag.
Next I worked on the lights.
The peachy lights. Then on to the darks, reds, multicoloreds, greys, blues, greens, browns and the like.
I left my charms together. Most of them I know are slated for the this project.
But now my wool is being stored in these bags ready. I think I will be able to find what I need for my projects.