Sunday, September 18, 2016

Organizing my wool.

Today I will spend watching football games and organizing my wool stash.  I am planning on getting ready to make Round the Garden, a quilt project published in Quiltmania's Simply Moderne magazine.  I hand dyed a piece of cotton that I intend to use.

Here is my fabric on top of the magazine issue.  The center is dyed wisteria followed by a ring of kiwi and the outside is old rose.  The dyes I got from Pro-Chem. I need a bunch of wool brights to applique on my cotton background.  Time to organize.  The process took me all day....but then again I was watching football as well.  It was fun for me,  First I rolled all my larger pieces.
I had purchased some scrap bags from Sue Spargo recently and they were in these little bags.  I dumped a bag that was pinks and purples onto my plastic table and decided to roll them.  I fastened them with safety pins.  The pins were pins that I had when I first started quilting.  I had later purchased curved safety pins and these others were in a box not really being used.  I went through my wool pile and pulled out all the pinks and purples and rolled these larger pieces.  I put them in a gallon zip bag.
Next I worked on the lights.  
 The beige lights.
 The gold lights.
 The taupe lights
The peachy lights.  Then on to the darks, reds, multicoloreds, greys, blues, greens, browns and the like.
















I left my charms together.  Most of them I know are slated for the this project.  
I have a group of wool that needs to be felted.
But now my wool is being stored in these bags ready.  I think I will be able to find what I need for my projects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment