Sunday, August 13, 2017

Back to Round the Garden

I am missing piecing on my Bernina but I need to make some progress toward my current OMG.  I have been busy working on household issues including arranging for my roof repair.  The month is half over and I have barely started.  I needed to cut some blossom parts.  I am using my Accuquilt dies and a hammer with punches.  

The little bits and pieces of wool that are left are not trash.  There are what I used to make the little circles for the blossoms ring.
Here are the results of my hammer and punch.  

I am working on the first foot of the blossom ring and it is taking some time as I think and look through my embroidery books for ideas for stitches.  
I made a bee with an oval of yellow wool, a French knot, some bullion knots and a straight stitch.  I also made a lady bug with red and black perle rayon for the bullion knots.  I am going to put some ants in at some point as well.  I used  woven circles instead of layerlng the wool circles.  I have many colors of Superior's Sew Sassy thread from which to choose.  If I keep spending so much time picking stitches I will not make much progress.  Oh well.  I am enjoying the process so I do not have to worry about the timeline.  I do like my little ladybug.  On to the next inch of blossom ring.




No comments:

Post a Comment