Thursday, August 31, 2017

OMG Time


I am making my way Round the Garden.  This month my goal was to fill in the blossoms in the inner ring in the first quadrant.  I managed that and started the exterior  of quadrant 2,  I am now contemplating how I may quilt this when the applique is done.  I saw a ribbon winner who had completed this pattern in a palette of mostly greens   It was very nice.  They quilted it by straight lines radiating from the center.  That appeals to me.  It emphasizes the circle but is subtle and lets the applique be the star of this quilt.  The background fabric has a pattern.  I have also thought of stitching over the background motifs.  What to do.  I will have to keep my eye out to see what others are doing.  Come on over to Elm Street Quilts and join in the gang who make out monthly goals for our quilting projects.

2 comments:

  1. WOW..it is gorgeous! The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool project. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete