Friday, September 1, 2017

September OMG Making my way Round the Garden

I am making my way Round the Garden.  Quadrant 1 is mostly done.  There is embroidery on and around the houses that is not complete.  The pattern calls for stitching on the windows and doors and I there are some butterflies and bees that are yet to fly around there.  I am going to work on the interior of quadrant 3 and the exterior of quadrant 2.  I have commented previously that I am going to work on the blossoms under the houses as I go along.  The process is more enjoyable for me that way.  I am going to skip over to the interior of quadrant 3 because I need some blue for the birds and I want to use some of that same blue on the exterior of quadrant 2.  I will continue to contemplate the quilting.   There is very little open space in this quilt.  I am contemplating tying the quilt.  When I first started quilting that is how I quilted all my quilts.  I used yards of six strand DMC.  I am wondering if I could knot by burying thread as I make sequential colonial knots.  I also wonder what bat I should use.   I bought a board of a silk bat.  I think that would be a good choice.  The wool on top and the silk innards need the same laundering care.  I think that would be a good choice.

Come on over to Elm Street Quilts and join us by committing to monthly goals for our quilting projects.  See what the other goals are being made this month.  This process is essential to my completing all my UFO's and which includes all those projects that I purchased fabric and supplies that are residing in containers.  While I have not ruled out making purchases for future projects, this is helping me to be realistic about how much one can accomplish is a lifetime.  Enjoy your passions.  Having too many projects in the pipeline can cause undue stress.  Thank you OMG.

1 comment:

  1. Glad OMG is helping to encourage you through this project. I can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete