Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Lighthouse Substitution in Round the Garden

The lighthouse in quadrant 3 pattern was created from stacked alternating light and medium tan trapezoids. Quadrant 4 lighthouse pattern is stacked white and red trapezoids.  That would mean that it is similar in color to quadrant 2 in color and similar to quadrant 4 in shape.  I went to my browser to search images of lighthouses.  I saw a blue and white stacked trapezoids with an anchor painted.  I saw another blue and white diamond patterned lighthouse.  I  decided to make a diamond lighthouse with an anchor.  I drew my version of a lighthouse so that it would conform in height with the pattern.  I used the top section of the pattern and placed it on top of my diamond patterned column.  I have still to add the embroidery elements to finish it off but I quite like the result.  Now to fill in the houses and blossoms from the lighthouse in quadrant 2 to the lighthouse in quadrant 3.

I have been working on this for 3 months.  I anticipated completing a quadrant a month but that is not happening.  Now I am hoping to be done before Thanksgiving.  That seems like a reasonable target.  So far I have most of the interior of quadrant 3 completed.  I decided to wait on the blossoms until I get the exterior  of the quadrant done so that the color choices work well.  I am headed back to quadrant 2 to work on the exterior houses and their associated blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment