Thursday, September 28, 2017

September OMG


I am making progress on Round the Garden.  This month's adventure included a lot of stitching fun.  The pine tree next to the lighthouse in the pattern looked like it was stem stitch, but a closer look at the original in the magazine showed me that the designer had actually used another stitch.  I decided to due laced herringbone. Part of the pleasure of this pattern is the room for one to do their own thing.  I also decided to design a different lighthouse than the one in the original. I went looking for images of actual lighthouses using my browser.  I found one that had diamonds with an anchor on it.  Here is my rendition in wool of that lighthouse.  I wanted to do something other that a tan lighthouse.  I quite like it.  



3 comments:

  1. I love your version of a lighthouse. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lighthouse is really cool. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete