I did finish the Diva wallet for my sister and now I am working on another for myself. I also finished a table topper for my sister Pam. The original design was by Becky Jorgensen and the baskets in the corners were all the same. I used some of Little Wooly Basket patterns from Linen Closet Quilts for my baskets. My intent was to have seasonal baskets-Tulips for spring, Strawberries for Summer, Helenium for autumn and Evergreen with berries for winter. I had a grand time with both projects.
When I was making the wallet, I was showing my progress to my mother. The design has card pockets and my mother commented that she would worry that the cards would come out of the pockets. I deconstructed the wallet and turned the card pocket unit inside out and added a zipper on top so that cards would be secured inside. I used Straps-part-two: How-to-make-an-adjustable-bag-strap tutorial to make the strap for the wallet. It has both a wrist strap and a detachable strap that can adjust to shoulder or cross body lengths.
The table topper was an opportunity for me to use my quilt rulers. I used Ronda's Crescent and Double S Rulers to do the curved crosshatching. I had echo quilted the baskets and I used a Westalee diamond ruler for one round of the center and a curve for the center section. I washed and dried the quilt and the quilting and the wool baskets puffed up. I had used some water soluble thread to baste the quilt and had some pencil marks that needed removal. I like to wash and dry my quilts before I gift them. I should put the washing instructions on the label. I used the alphabet lettering on my sewing machine and stitched my label on the binding of the quilt. I used 3 or 4 rows of my wavy zigzag stitch in the dark narrow borders. I am very happy with my new Bernina ruler foot. It works much better than the other one I had been using. My rulers work on all sides of the foot.