Sunday, January 28, 2018

January OMG Finale

 My goal this month was to create all the units necessary to make the 50 blocks of Bonnie Hunters 2018 Mystery Quilt On Ringo Lake.  Mid way through the month as I started to work on the corner units, I decided to begin assembling the blocks.  Luckily I went back to making all those units to make the blocks because I noticed that I had assembled the blocks incorrectly. I deconstructed and reconstructed them correctly.
.
I also finished the last of my Kathy Schmitz calendar blocks.  This year I will be able to display all twelve months.  Additionally, I caught up on Gina Perkes Mastery Ruler  Class.  I am looking forward to February's post for the next part.  Now I have to contemplate what I can reasonably finish next month.

Thanks as always to Elm Street Quilts for  hosting OMG and to her sponsors.

3 comments:

  1. This will be an amazing quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those calendar blocks. Too much work on the mystery quilt for me, but yours is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! That's really astonishing how different the blocks look just from spinning the patches around, isn't it? Your calendar blocks with the stitcheries are super cute. I need to find a calendar project I really love to make mini quilts for the spot behind our TV. It always looks bare to me.

    ReplyDelete