Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February OMG Successes

I have started on my English Paper Pieced Brimfield Blocks .  The plan is to make a Grinchie baby quilt. My problem is how to incorporate the panels into the quilt.  I have worked out a pattern for the tree blocks between the Brimfield blocks but the solution for the panels has not come to me yet.  I will probably incorporate them in a border somehow, but I am not happy with my first efforts.  Meanwhile a baby shower is being held Next month so I need to come up with another quilt.  I have the top underway.  I also finished washing and folding the last of the fabric from my sister-in-law.  And have begun to catch up on my mystery quilt.  

My successes include:

1.  Creating my own design using Brimfield EPP pieces.
2.  Fabric washing, folding and sorting.
3.  Designing a quilt to be made from the Elizabeth Hartman Blocks and Gyleen Fitzgerald Blocks.
4.  Catching up on Gina Perkes Mastery Ruler Class
5.  Designing a baby quilt from hour glass blocks and fabric that I cut up into panel sections. I also have a quilting plan that includes trying Batist Fan rulers and clamshell rulers.  

Come join in the fun at Elm Street Quilts and make your own monthly goal.  Get encouragement from the other participant's and see what other are doing.  You will be inspired.

www.elmstreetquilts.com/p/omg-one-monthly-goal.html
ElmStreetQuilts


1 comment:

  1. Those Brimfield blocks are really fun - thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete