Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sea Turtle Parade is Done!!

I waited the 24 hours recommended to ensure the crystals do not fall off and I washed the quilt.  I chose to wash and rinse in warm water.  It removed all the soluble thread.  There were some bits of polyester batting that I pulled off.......I wonder if I will have an issue with bearding.  There were a couple of threads that needed burying but the washing puffed up the quilting and I am pleased with the result.  When I make my trek home to pick up my mail, it will adorn my table.  I almost forgot.  I need to linkup my finished monthly goal on OMG at Red Letter Quilts!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your OMG for January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those swimming turtles. Are you thinking about your February OMG?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am! I might chose one of my Yoko Saito Blocks but hope to finish the whole quilt!!!

      Delete
  3. You have chosen the perfect fabric for your turtles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely getting that under sea vibe. Congrats on your OMG finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came to see your turtles but am so captivated by the quilt on your blog background! Stupendous colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! The quilt at the top of the blog is not done yet. It is a variation of Aunt Millie's Garden by Becky Goldsmith and Linda Jenkins. My layout is a work in progress. I am working on the design of the drop. I am hoping that the quilt gets done sometime this year.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful finish, and so glad the washing went well! Thank you for linking up and big congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt. The turtles really looks like they're enjoying themselves.

    ReplyDelete