Monday, January 18, 2016

Yoko Saito Block 3


I just need to add the leaves to the trees, add the cat dog and bird and then I am on to Block 4.  I am contemplating dressing up the windows.  I have satin stitched around the windows in the past but I think I am going to try couching some Perle Crown Rayon or DMC #5.  I am contemplating how to couch.  I wonder if I should have one strand go all the way around the perimeter of the window.  If I do that do I start in a corner and pull the threads to the back at the corner?  That corner might look different from the other three.  Maybe I should start on the center of the bottom and overlap to finish.  I am also considering starting in the lower left corner and ending at the lower right with two parallel cords that might look like a sill on the bottom.  I guess I will have to try it out.  I'll think about that while I am stitching leaves on the trees.  Fun with embellishment!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment